Thursday, April 23, 2015

Last look at Julie Hinkel Orlando from Mentor Ohio, Stella's Art Gallery's Artist of the Week.


Textured painting of the insect world! -Well, at least two of our beautiful buggy creatures. I love how Julie brings textures into her work. This is perfect for the person that likes to "touch" art work.

Many of you may not know this but I am an art therapist. Sometimes my training helps me to see art differently and this is one of those times. I truly believe that art can have an effect on all our senses. When I look at these paintings all my senses come alive. My sight becomes zeroed in on the image and I begin to listen to what it is saying. When I see these two bug images I can hear the wings flapping. My sense of smell and taste brings me to summer months and fond memories come floating back into my mind. As I gently touch the textures of the painting I imagine what the soft wings would feel like and feel at peace.

Imagine if you lost just one of your senses, especially sight. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a piece of art work that would stimulate the other senses to then bring the lost sense alive again? Amazing Julie! Thank You!





No comments:

Post a Comment

What’s a giclée print? (And what can it do for me?) by Tracy Zakraysek

A giclee (zhee-clay) print is a great option for artists looking to offer fine art reproductions of original art at a lower price point to c...