Wednesday, January 7, 2015

New Year New Goals!

So in addition to blogging more,  I set a few New Year goals for myself with my art. I would like to make and finish 5 ceramic pieces and one painting a month. This may not seem like much but I decided to set small goals that I know I can can accomplish with a family. If I complete more, great! Something that I know about myself is that if I don't set manageable goals, I'll give up before I even start.

This week I went back to the studio and got back on the potter's wheel. It has been a LONG time since I did anything on the wheel. I was in a rut and began hand building, got tired of hand building and went back to the wheel. ANYWAYS...I was nervous that I wouldn't be successful and get frustrated but that wasn't the case! It was like riding a bike and I had a great day with clay. Here's a picture of one of my pieces. You are seeing it in it's rough form...wet clay. Next week I will trim it up and have it fired. Then I'll glaze it and fire it again. When I am done, I'll post a second picture. Until then, what color do you think I should glaze it? Let me know your thoughts!

Happy New Year!
Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment

What’s a giclée print? (And what can it do for me?) by Tracy Zakraysek

A giclee (zhee-clay) print is a great option for artists looking to offer fine art reproductions of original art at a lower price point to c...